Over 200 modern jewellery designers are creating a genuine event in Paris from September 2013 to March 2014, on the occasion of Circuits Bijoux.
Presented by Ateliers d'Art de France in partnership with Les Arts Décoratifs and the Un Bijou à l'Autre association, Circuits Bijoux will be reuniting around 50 exhibitions and proposing conferences and encounters aimed at highlighting the great diversity of today's jewellery scene. Never before has an event been held in France's capital city associating designers, museums, galleries, schools, cultural and institutional players, historians and experts.
Jewellery symbolises dreams, and is the reflection of our innermost selves... the one we willingly display. A form of identity, a social symbol, sometimes endowed with a magical, religious or even utilitarian force, often sentimental, commemorative, always personal, jewellery is a sign.
A tour through Paris
Circuits Bijoux unveils the captivating and multifarious artistic expression of French and foreign jewellery designers by offering a tour through Paris:
- At the Musée des Arts Décoratifs with Dans la ligne de mire, scène du bijou contemporain exhibition: from 20th September 2013 to 2nd March 2014, around 500 pieces of jewellery by 54 designers will be presented throughout the museum's permanent display via a play on associations.
- At the Collection gallery, with the Anti bijoux exhibition: from the 21st of September to the 2nd of November 2013, jewellery becomes sculpture under the watchful eye of eight designers at the Ateliers d'Art de France gallery.
- At the Atelier, with the Un bijou pour un autre exhibition: from the 3rd of September to the 25th of October 2013, the artistic crafts discovery centre is organising an exhibition, demonstrations, encounters and workshops on the theme of association and transmission, in partnership with the AFEDAP.
- At Talents, with the Un bijou pour moi exhibition: from the 17th of September to the 19th of October 2013, whilst the creative worlds of 6 jewellers are waiting to be discovered in the Talents Etoile store, Talents Opéra will be presenting unique necklaces specially created for the occasion by 24 designers, along with a monograph by Yannick Mur.
- From galleries to museums, via cultural centres, boutiques and showrooms, be they specialised in jewellery or not, over 40 exhibitions and retrospectives of astonishing diversity will be hosted. Among the sites along this Parisian tour, Les Ateliers de Paris, the Elsa Vanier gallery, the Lefor Openo gallery, the Wengé gallery, the Centre Wallonie-Bruxelles cultural centre, the Fondation de la Maison du Mexique, the Fondation Suisse - Pavillon Le Corbusier, the Musée de l’Eventail - Fan Museum, Cheret, the Boutique Extraordinaire…
- With the Parures et Allures show: from the 4th to the 6th of October 2013, in the Espace Blanc Manteaux in the Marais quarter. Contemporary jewellery, precious jewellery, jewellery that plays on matter and materials... Discover pieces by sixty jewellery artists and designers of varying skills and inspirations.
- With a series of conferences and round tables aimed at initiating and pursuing reflection on the status of jewellery, held in various sites throughout the tour.