The adventure of the earth
Located at the heart of the Chaîne des Puys, near the town of Saint-Ours-les-Roches and 15 km from Clermont-Ferrand, Vulcania leisure park covers an area of 57 hectares. Its highly varied content is an invitation to get to know the Earth a bit better, with its innumerable treasures and secrets. Some of the most famous volcanoes of the Chaîne des Puys mountain range overlook Vulcania, such as the Puy-de-Dôme and the Puy-de-Côme, in the heart of a vast natural area managed by the Parc naturel régional des Volcans d’Auvergne.
10 years on: the main events
Throughout 2012 Vulcania will be celebrating its 10-year anniversary with a series of special moments as well as daily "surprise events" so that all visitors can share in the celebrations.
New Vulcania attractions in 2012 :
- La Cité des Enfants (Children's Town): this new 300 m² area dedicated to 3-7 year olds will support children's development and their awareness of the world around them. Several fun and interactive workshops have been put in place to stimulate the senses, experimentation and hands-on learning.
- Le Tunnel des Nuées Ardentes (Pyroclastic flow tunnel): this attraction will give visitors the chance to get up close to the destructive blast of a volcano.
- L’espace d’expositions temporaires (Temporary exhibitions area): Katia and Maurice Krafft were two French volcanologists who travelled wherever eruptions occurred on Earth. The exhibition « Les Diables des Volcans » (Volcano Devils) is being housed in this new area in their honour.
- From March 21 to June 30, 2012 : 10am / 6 pm
- From July 1 to August 31, 2012 : in July 10am / 7pm - in August 10am / 7.30pm
- From September 1 to November 11, 2012 : from Wednesday to Sunday - 10am / 6pm
Every Wednesday from July 18 to August 22 and Tuesday 7 et August 14, visitors can enjoy all of the park’s attractions until 11pm and experience Vulcania’s magical and enchanting atmosphere by night!
Special 10th anniversary : free entry all season long for children aged 10 in 2012!
Consult the website for more details