The Vignobles & Découvertes label aims to provide quality services and visits catering to wine tourism.
The label appeals to a customer base that appreciates the world of wine without necessarily being connoisseurs, and offers a range of quality services: accommodation, cultural sites, leisure activities, cellar tours, restaurants, exploration of natural spaces, events and more.
Two destinations in Alsace have been awarded the label: Coeur d'Alsace and Terre et Vins au Pays de Colmar.
Destination Coeur d'Alsace
Midway between Strasbourg and Colmar, the “Cœur d’Alsace” destination offers a mosaic of landscapes combining vineyards and forests, between Mont Sainte-Odile and the Château du Haut-Koenigsbourg and between Rosheim, Obernai, Barr and Châtenois-Scherwiller.
37 districts line the Wine Route and the Roman Route.
These half-timbered villages reflect all the charm of Alsace, its heritage, fine food and local produce:
- the divine earth of the Pays du Mont Sainte-Odile with its religious heritage;
- Obernai and its ramparts, the legendary birthplace of Saint Odile, the patron saint of Alsace, and the most visited town in the Bas-Rhin area after Strasbourg;
- Mittelbergheim, one of the most beautiful villages in France;
- Floral villages such as Itterswiller and Barr, which is also the wine-making capital of the Bas-Rhin;
- Châtenois and its remarkable Celtic remains;
- Scherwiller known for its famous Riesling and its 18th-century half-timbered houses.
The Cœur d’Alsace destination offers:
- 22 cellars with typical wrought-iron signs and floral courtyards,
- 30 high-quality accommodation options (hotels, B&Bs, furnished apartments and campsites),
- 24 restaurants, including the famous Alsatian Winstubs,
- 15 sites to visit, such as the Château du Haut-Koenigsbourg or the Gingerbread Palace,
- the three listed tourist offices of Rosheim, Obernai and Barr Bernstein, the last two provide a central booking service that offer a host of ideas to discover the many facets of Alsace, as well as seven sports and leisure activities and 11 key attractions.