Proclaimed as religious capital of Haute-Auvergne in 1317, Saint-Flour didn't have its own cathedral until the following century. Built in the 15th century, on the ruins of the priory founded by Saint Odilo of Cluny, Abbot of Cluny, in the 11th century, the cathedral offers an imposing exterior facade and a black christ inside.
The building has large round stained glass windows depicting the story of Florus, as well as a large organ. The gothic outline of the building overlooks the medieval city.
There are no tours during religious services.
Information is available from the tourist information office on +33(0)4 71 60 22 50