In the valley of the Vonne, important monumental remains of a Gallo-Roman site
Between the 1st and 4th century, Sanxay was an important centre for cures and pilgrimages placed under the protection of two divinities. Set in the verdant valley of the Vonne, the remains of the largest buildings (temples, amphitheatre, thermal baths) located throughout a 19-hectare site make the site one of the best preserved and most interesting of the monuments belonging to Gallo-Roman times.
- 15th May to 15th September: from 9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 6.30 p.m.
- 16th September to 14th May: from 10 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- Saturdays from 16th September to 14th May
- 1st January, 1st May, 1st November, 11th November and 25th December
- Site partially accessible to people with reduced mobility
- Unaccompanied tour with guide booklet: French, English, German, Spanish, Dutch
- Guided tour: French
- New tour in the thermal baths
- Rate for tourism professionals and groups (minimum 20 people) 4,50 €
- Adults 5,50 €
- Concessions 4 €
- Free admission: minors under 18*
- Free admission: 18-25 years old* (citizens of one of the 27 countries of the EU or are non-European permanent residents of France)
* excluding school groups
- Seating available during the tour
- Gift shop
- Parking for coaches 25 m
- Motorway A10 between Poitiers and Bordeaux, 44 km North-east of Niort
- From Poitiers or Niort: motorway A10 exit 31, then D611 direction Lusignan to D5 and D62, direction Sanxay
Site gallo-romain de Sanxay
Route de Ménigoute
tel.: (33) (0)5 49 53 61 48