An exceptional example of architecture at an outstanding site
Built to affirm the hegemony of the Capetian monarchy over its neighbours in Avignon the Fort of Saint-André, which is very well preserved, exemplifies the degree of perfection attained by military architecture of the 14th century.
Dominating the Charterhouse of Villeneuve-lez-Avignon it can be considered as an outstanding monument.
Subject to modification.
- 1st April to 15th May: from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- 16th May to 15th September: from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- 16th to 30th September: from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- 1st October to 31st March: from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Last admission 40 minutes before closing time.
- 1st January, 1st May, 1st November, 11th November and 25th December
- Number of floors visited during the tour: 3
- Unaccompanied tour with guide booklet: French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Japanese
Duration: 45 min to 1 hr
• Reservations: 10 days
Duration: 1 hr to 1 hr 30 min
Towers can be closed in case of thunderstorm or strong wind
- Picnic area
- Parking for coaches 150 m, on a steep slope
- Function room rental
- Adults: 5,50 €
- Concessions: 4 €
- Free admission: minors under 18*
Free admission: 18-25 years old* (citizens of one of the 27 countries of the EU or are non-European permanent residents of France)
* excluding school groups
- Rate for tourism professionals and groups (minimum 20 people): 4,50 €
Tel: (33) (0)4 90 25 45 35 - Fax: (33) (0)4 90 26 09 43