An elegant Renaissance building
The Cloître de la Psalette, which means choir cloister, was given this name as one of its rooms was used for practising religious chant in the Middle Ages. The architecture of the cloister which adjoins to the Cathedral of Tours is made up of three galleries built partly in the Flamboyant style and partly in the Renaissance style, of the scriptorium, the old bookshop and of the Renaissance staircase.
- 8th September to 31st March: from 9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- 1st April to 3rd May: from 10 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- 4th May to 7th September: from 9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- 1st October to 31st March: Monday and Tuesday
- Sunday morning
- 1st January, 1st May and 25th December
- Outside accessible to people with reduced mobility
- Unaccompanied tour with guide booklet: French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch
- Guided tour: French
- Rate for tourism professionals and groups (minimum 20 people) 2,80 €
- Adults 3 €
- Concessions 2,50 €
- Free admission: minors under 18*
- Free admission: 18-25 years old* (citizens of one of the 27 countries of the EU or are non-European permanent residents of France)
* excluding school groups
- Drop off and pick-up point for groups by entrance
- Parking for coaches 400 m (Quai d’Orléans)
- The gardens and the gallery can be rent
- Main road between Orléans and Poitiers
- From Paris or Poitiers: A10, exit 21, city centre-follow signs for the Cathedral.
Cloître de la Psalette
tel.: (33) (0)2 47 47 05 19