The castle was built in Condé-en-Brie in 1200 by Enguerrand III of Coucy. With its thick walls (2 metres) and solid loopholes it has a strong defensive appearance.
In the 15th century, the castle was rearranged and used for hunting parties. Until the first half of the 17th century it belonged to the Bourbons and was then passed on to the Savoies before being seized and falling into disrepair.
The ruined castle was then bought by Jean-François Leriget de la Faye who wanted to convert it to a country residence. This work was carried out by the Italian artist, Servandoni, one of the architects on the Palazzo Farnese in Rome, who is single-handedly responsible for the paintings in the large drawing room.
The canvases of Jean-Baptiste Oudry, together with works by artists such as Lancret, Lemoine et Watteau, complete the magnificent interior.
Admission prices :
Full price : 100 €
Children from 5 to 12 years : 5 €