The Breton Parliament was founded in 1554 by Henri II. It was at the time shared between Rennes and Nantes, with six months per year in each city. It was only in 1655 that the edifice in Rennes was completed, based on the designs of architect Salomon de Brosses.
Made from granite and freestone, the design is decorated with gilded characters, such as the representation of Justice. After the fire of 1994 the Parliament underwent an intensive restoration campaign, and today it stands with the proud stature as its 17th century forefather once did.
Duration of the tour: 1hr30mins
Rates: 6,10€ (full rate), 3,05€ (7 to 15 years of age)
Information on 02 99 67 11 66
Admission prices :
Full price : 7 €
Children up to 6 years : Free
Children from 7 to 18 years : 4.5 €