The tombs of the kings and queens of France
The earliest masterpiece of French Gothic architecture, a royal abbey and major pilgrimage site in the Middle Ages, the Basilica Cathedral assumed its principal role as the burial place for the kings of France as early as the 6th century.
Despite being ransacked during the Revolution, the basilica houses over seventy royal tombs including those of Dagobert, François I, Catherine de Medicis and Louis XVI.
Subject to modification.
- 1st April to 30th September:
Monday to Saturday: from 10 a.m. to 6.15 p.m.
Sunday: from noon to 6.15 p.m.
- 1st October to 31st March:
Monday to Saturday: from 10 a.m. to 5.15 p.m.
Sunday: from noon to 5.15 p.m.
Last admission 30 minutes before closing time.
- 1st January, 1st May and 25th December
- During some masses
- Parts of the monument are accessible to people with reduced mobility, lift in the crypt
- Site with the "Tourism and Disability" label
- Unaccompanied tour with guide booklet: French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Russian
Duration: 1 hr
- Touch models for the visually impaired
- Audio-guide tour: French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, videoguide in signing language
Reservations: 1 month
Duration: 1 hr 15 min
- Guided tour: French, for other languages, please contact us
Duration: from 1 hr to 1 hr 30 min
Tours’ timetable: during the week at 10.30 a.m. and 3 p.m. ; on Sunday at 12.15 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Tours for disabled access (physical disabilities, mental disabilities, hearing impairment) :
Reservations: Tel: (33) (0)1 49 21 14 87
- Lecture tour: French, English
Reservations: Tel: (33) (0)1 44 54 19 30 - Fax: (33) (0)1 44 54 19 31
Duration: 1 hr 30 min
- Film (subtitled in English, Spanish)
- Parking for coaches 100 m, pedestrian town center, (rue de la Légion d’honneur)
- Adults : 7,50 €
- Concessions : 4,50 €
- Free admission: minors under 18*
Free admission: 18-25 years old*(citizens of one of the 27 countries of the EU or are non-European permanent residents of France)
* excluding school groups
- Extra charge: Audio-guide tour
- Rate for tourism professionals and groups (minimum 20 people): 6 €
- From Paris: A1 motorway, Lille, exit Saint-Denis, centre ville, direction “parking Basilique”
- Metro: station Basilique Saint-Denis, 100 metres (line 13)
Basilique cathédrale de Saint-Denis
1, rue de la Légion d’honneur
Tel: (33) (0)1 48 09 83 54 - Fax: (33) (0)1 48 09 83 66