George Sand and her famous guests
George Sand’s house was built at the end of the XVIII century. The great woman writer spent her childhood at Nohant and wrote most of her works in the house, which retains the original furniture and decor.
Site with the "Outstanding Garden" label.
Subject to modification.
- 2nd May to 30th June: from 9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 6.30 p.m.
- 1st July to 31st August: from 9.30 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.
- 1st to 30th September and 1st to 30th April: from 10 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- 1st October to 31st March: from 10 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- 1st January, 1st May, 1st November, 11th November and 25th December
- Number of floors visited during the tour: 1
- Park and cemetery accessible to people with reduced mobility with help
- Unaccompanied tour with guide booklet of the garden: French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Polish
- Guided tour of the house: French
• Reservations: 1 month
Duration: 45 min
- Free entrance to the garden and puppets exhibition
- Seating available in the park
- Parking for coaches 100 m
- Tearooms/Ice cream sold
- Function room rental
- Adults: 7,50 €
- Concessions: 4,50 €
- Free admission: minors under 18*
Free admission: 18-25 years old* (citizens of one of the 27 countries of the EU or are non-European permanent residents of France)
* excluding school groups
- Rate for tourism professionals and groups (minimum 20 people): 6 €
- Main road between Tours and Clermont-Ferrand, 5 km to the north of La Châtre
- From Châteauroux or Montluçon: D943
Maison de George Sand
Tel: (33) (0)2 54 31 06 04 - Fax: (33) (0)2 54 31 18 48