It all started in 1904, when the Evian Mineral Water Company acquired the farms and land of the Berthet family for the creation of a 9-hole golf course for the Royal Hotel at Evian-les-Bains. At the time, this was one of the world's most beautiful hotels and its construction was being finished. The Evian Masters Golf Club marked the beginning of golf in France and is one of the first French golf clubs!
Overlooking Lake Geneva and the Alps mountains at an altitude of 500 m and facing the Swiss city of Lausanne, the Evian Masters Golf Club is a favourite with golfers. The course was extended to 18 holes in 1922. Between 1988 and 1990, the Evian Masters Golf Club was entirely renovated by the architect Cabell B. Robinson, a former assistant of the famous American golf architect Robert Trent Jones.
In 1994, the first edition of the Evian Masters was held on the green of the Evian Masters Golf Club. In 2013 the Evian Masters became the Evian Championship, the top women's golf tournament in the world. The Evian Masters Golf Club has also changed its name after a complete renovation, becoming the Evian Resort Golf Club.